July Temperatures Offer Opportunity
Hard as it may be to believe, there are some great advantages to this warm weather. It’s perfect, for example, to take care of these things which often get overlooked. And, with us at your side, it can be easy.
- This is an ideal time to clean and repair asphalt, concrete and fences. If hardscape cracks have appeared they can quickly be filled to arrest the spread.
- Give a little pull on the fence posts to confirm they’re secure. Look for signs of aging or weather-damaged wood slats.
- Walk through the house with a notepad looking for gaps and cracks in your windows and doors, fireplace and even mail slots that allow cool air to escape and warm air to come in, making your A/C work harder. Feel for drafts, listen for rattles and look for light coming through where it shouldn’t. Plugging leaks can amount to significant savings.
- Check to confirm your water pipes are wrapped for good insulation. It’s good for cold water now and for hot water, when temps cool down in a few months. Waiting for running water to reach the right temperature is costly.
- Have the patio furniture cleaned. Ask for a power wash of the driveway, walkways, concrete decks and exterior walls of your house.
- If you see water seeping into your foundation call us for a professional to assess and prescribe a solution. When watering in this heat, be sure water isn’t draining toward the house but directly into the ground.
- Are the trees pruned or have they grown over your roofline, gutters or neighbor’s area? Overhanging branches make great travel routes for squirrels and rats. Let us know if you need a tree service.
- Clean exhaust fans and air filters in the house for cleaner air and better cooling efficiency.
- Have a deer problem? Those wonderfully gracefully creatures can demolish thousand$ in landscaping. Don’t wait to rid your property of them.