Our Services Educational Programs
Make Working with Remodeling Contractors the topic at your organization’s next event.
The homeowners in the group will be grateful for the information and the interactive opportunity to discuss their own home. They won’t find this elsewhere. Our programs are unique.
Attendees leave feeling strong and confident about moving ahead with their plans.
Residential construction authority and company founder, Penny Spark, is an award-winning speaker whose passion is empowering homeowners. She endured miserable contractor experiences before launching Slate Ltd. Her mission is making remodeling a safer and more successful space for homeowners.
Some of Slate Ltd’s programs include:
- 12 Best Practices. 7 Signs of Trouble.
- Which Pitfalls Are You Most Likely to Fall Into?
- Savvy Contractor Screening.
- Contractor Interviewing Strategies.
- Key Contractor Hiring Criteria. What They Won’t Tell You.
- When Is It Safe to Hire An Unlicensed Contractor?
- Astute Interpretations and Comparing of Contracts.
- 8 Must-Have Elements in a Home Improvement Contract.
- What are Mechanic Liens, Performance Bonds and Release Waivers? Do you need them?
- Do-Or-Be-Damned — 14 Items to Document.
- 3 Insurance Coverages To Consider. What If You Don’t?
- Preparing a Private Home for Seniors. Factors to Foster Safe Aging in Place.